The Union Center for Sports Medicine provides state-of-the-art, comprehensive orthopaedic and sports medicine care for the Wabash Valley athlete. The sports medicine team strives to achieve the athlete's early but safe return to sports through:
- quality orthopaedic care by UAP fellowship-trained, board certified physicians,
- primary care by family practice physicians with special sports medicine experience,
- access to the latest diagnostic testing equipment,
- a safe but aggressive program of physical rehabilitation,
- close-to-home, around-the-clock, physician accessibility, and
- the most modern surgical techniques.
The UAP Clinic orthopedic physicians are the area's only sports medicine fellowship-trained surgeons in the area. Our athletic trainers have graduated from nationally-recognized athletic training programs.
We understand the importance of sports medicine services at local high schools. The Union Center for Sports Medicine athletic trainers serve Terre Haute North Vigo High School, Rockville High School, Riverton Parke High School, South Vermillion High School, and West Vigo High School. Our sports medicine athletic trainers also assist the Rose-Hulman athletic training staff when necessary. Our Certified Athletic Trainers serve as extensions of the sports medicine physicians and evaluate injured athletes in conjunction with the team physician to determine a proper course of treatment.