Childbirth is a very special time for you and your family
Union Hospital has been caring for women and their infants since 1892, when Dr. Benjamin Swafford opened the first maternity hospital in the Wabash Valley.
Since that time, Union Hospital continues to care for families and their babies. Our primary concern is the care and well-being of both mother and infant during this extraordinary time. You and your baby will be in the hands of a highly skilled and compassionate nursing staff.
Our nurses will assist you by providing expert care, advice, and support that you and your baby may need during the delivery process and thereafter. We offer the latest technology to both mom and baby. For instance, any baby who may need special care is closely monitored in our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Union Hospital Maternity Services offers:
• Board-certified obstetrician on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• Spacious, private rooms and birthing suites
• Personal lactation consultant
• Room service dining and celebratory dinner
• Professional newborn photography
• Wabash Valley's highest level neonatal intensive care unit
• Advanced electronic infant security system
• Childbirth education and planning classes
• Guided tours of the unit
Call (812) 238-4985 to schedule a guided tour.
Maternity Services at Union Hospital are located in the west building inside the 8th Avenue entrance.
Union Hospital Loves Babies
Click here to view baby names and their meanings.