If you notice one or more of these signs in another person or yourself, don't wait. Call 9-1-1 immediately and get the person to a hospital right away! Treatment can be more effective if given quickly. Every second counts!
The signs are:
• Numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
• Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
• Dimness or loss of vision in one or both eyes
• Trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
• Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
Not all of these signs occur with every stroke. Sometimes they go away and return. If some occur, get help fast. If you notice one or more of these signs in another person, don't wait. Call 9-1-1 and get them to a hospital right away!