The Center for Fitness and Performance has a dedicated staff of fitness specialists. Our trainers offer expertise in a variety of programs from the beginner to the seasoned athlete.
We present no gimmicks, fads or quick remedies. We will work with you to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Fitness Programs and Instruction Available
- Personal training
- Fitness testing
- Body composition
- Cardiovascular training
- Fitness classes
- Fitness consultation
- Nutritional advice
- Walking programs
- Triathlon training
- Heart rate training
- Cycling/Spinning programs
- Sports Performance Plus
- Corporate Fitness Rates and Packages
- Cardio Step & Tone
- Senior Circuit ($5)
- Butts & Guts
- Tone & Tighten
- Stretch & Flex
- Slow Flow Yoga
- Totally Abs
- Body Sculpt
- Cardio Blast
- Silver Sneakers
Fitness Center Location and Hours
The Union Hospital Fitness Center is located on the fifth floor of the Union Hospital Professional Office Building (corner of North 7th Street and 8th Avenue).
Union Hospital Professional Office Building
1530 North Seventh Street
Terre Haute, IN 47807
Monday - Thursday 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Top 5 Weight Loss Tips
- Be consistent. Exercise a minimum of 3-4 days a week and stick to it! Don't miss more than 2 days in a row.
- Keep a journal. A journal will show diet and workout patterns. You could include the type of workout, your stress level, food intake, sets or reps or any other information desired. A journal is for you, but asking a fitness professional to evaluate it and make recommendations each week is a good idea. It will help you develop good habits and rid yourself of bad ones.
- Do 3-4 days of cardiovascular exercise. Strive for 20-60 minutes of cardiovascular exercise at 65-85% of your maximum heart rate. To calculate this, take 220 minus your age and multiply by .65 to .85. Use a heart rate monitor to make sure you are working at the proper level.
- Drink more water. Food will taste better, you will feel full sooner, and water with lemon is a natural thirst quencher. Are you thirsty or hungry?
- Be accountable. Write down your goals. Share them with others who support you. Find a workout partner that will challenge you and help you stick to your goal. It is harder to cancel when someone is counting on you to be there.