What is Camp Bluebird?
Camp Bluebird is a weekend retreat for adults diagnosed with cancer, but it may not be what you expect. Camp Bluebird is about celebrating life. It's about having fun and learning from one another.
Campers can relax and enjoy the beauty of nature and life.
The camp, located in the Wabash Valley, features cabins, a lodge, an outdoor chapel, miles of hiking trails and a beautiful lake, all surrounded by wonderful woodlands.
The camp creates a wonderful atmosphere to share common experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
Each camp offers:
- A variety of recreational activities (crafts, fishing, campfires, singing and games) and the opportunity just to relax. The camp focus is on living and enjoying life!
- Informal education sessions to address campers' questions and concerns about cancer and its treatments, as well as other topics of interest.
- Small group meetings to allow campers to share their experiences and feelings in dealing with cancer.
- Fabulous food and a theme party.
- A golf cart for campers needing transportation around the campgrounds.
Camp Bluebird Meets an Important Need
For many campers, Camp Bluebird is one of the most important opportunities they will have to share their experiences with other cancer survivors. It also helps them by providing informal education, creative outlets and time away from day-to-day pressures and concerns.
Camp Bluebird is an important addition to the medical therapies campers have received, helping them to live with the diagnosis of cancer and focus on life!
Camp Bluebird is funded by the Union Hospital Foundation and under the direction of the Union Hospital Oncology Service Line.
Camp Bluebird Registration
The registration fee for Camp Bluebird is only $20 for the three-day session, and "camperships" are available if needed.
Click here for a brochure.
Click here for a registration form.
Donate to Camp Bluebird
Camp Bluebird is funded by the Union Hospital Foundation. Its success is due to generous donations from the community and countless hours given by Union Hospital volunteers. To donate to Camp Bluebird, click here and specify Camp Bluebird in the Other field of the section titled "I would like to make a gift to."